Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Eagle has landed

Hello out there! I've finally landed in bloglandia. I've wanted to join the artist's blog community for a couple of years. Now I'm finally here. This is the first post in my blog Blessings and Charms. I'll share a little about myself.
I live on the coast of Northern California. I am married to the man of my dreams, have two sons that are making their way in life and have a dog I adore. I have a wonderful family and friends that support me. That's the Blessing part.

The Charms part is my passion. I love jewelry! I love making jewelry, looking at other's jewelry, I even dream about it.
I've been designing and making jewelry for about 17 years. The art of adornment facinates me. It is one of any number of ways we express our beauty and uniqueness.

I make necklaces, bracelets and earrings. Nothing is ever the same, I use whatever gems and metals I am inspired by at the moment. And yes I do make charms from silver. In the coming days I will be posting what I'm making and what I'm up to in the studio. There will be pictures, an new header and links to my community.

I've dipped my toe into the blog world and like what I see!

2 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

welcome, julie! so glad to see you start your own blog! :) i like what i've read so far and can totally relate! :) especially the part about being a mom/wife/artist all at the same time and how to fit in that essential artist time in the middle of everything! i will be checking back often. hope you get you camera fixed soon! :)

nicole

juliebstudio said...

Big hug Mama Nicole, you know exactly what I mean. JB